CIPD 5CO02 Assignment Example | Evidence-Based Practice
Are you struggling with your CIPD Assignment? You’ve come to the right place.
📍Use promo code “CIPD” on our website and get a 20% discount 😎 Let us know your deadline and we will do the rest correctly! 👍 If you have any questions, Chat with us below.
Task CIPD 5CO02 Assignment Example | Evidence-Based Practice
Task One: Briefing Paper
You have been asked to prepare a briefing paper that is to be given to people practitioners at a regional event, to share insights and good practice. The paper needs to provide an understanding of approaches that can be taken to support effective critical thinking and decision-making within the HR remit.
Your Briefing Paper needs to:
▪ provide an evaluation of the concept of evidence-based practice and assess how evidence-based practice approaches can be used to support sound decision-making and judgments for people practitioners across a range of people practices and organizational issues. (1.1)
▪ Evaluate two micro and two macro analysis tools or methods that can be used in people’s practice to explore an organization’s micro and macro environment, and how those identified might be applied to diagnose future issues, challenges and opportunities. (1.2)
▪ Explain the principles of critical thinking and give examples of how you apply these yourself when relating to your own and others’ ideas, to assist objective and rational debate. (1.3)
▪ Assess at least two different ethical theories and perspectives and explain how an understanding of these can be used to inform and influence effective decision-making. (1.4)
▪ Explain a range of decision-making approaches that could be used to identify possible solutions to a specific issue relating to people’s practice. (2.3)
▪ As a worked example to illustrate the points made in 2.3, take this same people practice issue, explain the relevant evidence that you have reviewed, and use one or more decision-making tools to determine a recommended course of action, explaining the rationale for that decision and identifying the benefits, risks and financial implications of the suggested solution. (2.2 & 2.4)
▪ compare and contrast a range of different ways and approaches that are used to measure financial and non-financial performance within organizations. (3.1)
Sample Answer (Section 1.1)
Evaluation of the concept of evidence-based practice including how it can be applied to decision-making in people practice (1.1)
Evidence-based practice relates to a process where decisions, as well as processes, are evaluated by an organization against the data available, opinions of the experts, real experiences, and any other information which may be available.
This ensures that the decisions made will lead to the desired outcomes. It can also be said to be a systematic process in which all the actions and decisions are arrived at through the use of the available best evidence (Oxford-review, 2021). It is important to ensure that the evidence to be used is purposely sought out to facilitate the process working out best.
The evidence to be used may be sought from various sources such as experts’ knowledge, studies, or research, inputs from those who will be impacted directly by the decisions to be made, and the experience of the human resource team members.
Care should be taken when utilizing the evidence sought. The evidence should apply to the entity, the contextual details are incorporated and relevant, the inputs are obtained from the key stakeholders and the various perspectives of the input should be evaluated and taken into account, and ensure that the various sources are used equivalently to avoid bias.
When the evidence is obtained from the experts, the information needs to be evaluated critically to ensure that that is no bias in the opinion which is likely to arise. Through the use of this method, bias, subjective opinions, and views that are unfounded are eliminated when making decisions for the business.
Reasons for evidence-based practice
Evidence-based practices are essential because often, those who are tasked with the responsibility of making decisions within organizations make imperfect decisions. This arises mainly because they are reluctant in finding high-quality information which will guarantee effective decisions…
📍Use promo code “CIPD” on our website and get a 20% discount
- CIPD Level 5 Assignment Example | Talent Management and Workforce Planning
- CIPD Assignment Writing Help
- CIPD 5HRF Assignment Example: